Chiropractic x-rays provide vital information that can affect how the chiropractor chooses to treat a patient. In some cases, chiropractic care or spinal manipulation may not be an appropriate course of action at the time and the patient may be started on a different, gentler therapy.
Other times, it can show the chiropractor how to best proceed in treating the patient. In short, patients are able to receive better, more well-rounded care which can better facilitate their healing and pain management.
Some of the benefits of chiropractic x-rays include:
- Identify a condition or symptom, such as spinal tumor or lesion, which would provide a medical reason that a certain course of care should not be done.
- Obtain important bio-mechanical information that can aid in guiding treatment.
- To stay apprised and maintain a record of a patient’s degenerative process.
- Aid in identifying anomalies in the spine and joints that can affect treatment.
- Allows patients to better understand their condition and treatment plan, allowing them to take ownership of the process and be more involved in their therapy and healing.